Sydney offers virtual and in-person skincare consultations!
You can schedule a consult with Sydney by visiting the consulting page to choose and pay for your consult.
In-person consults are at Southern Institute of Plastic Surgery in Dothan, Alabama.
2800 Ross Clark
Dothan, AL 36301
Skincare consultations include daily skincare routines as well as recommendations for monthly and yearly treatments that are typically on the esthetics side of care. Sydney works closely with the estheticians at Spa Novus to help you reach your skincare goals.
An esthetician specializes in analyzing your skin and deciding the appropriate treatments for you. Sydney believes the best skincare is achieved when skincare plans include both the medical side and esthetics sides.
Mon - Thur 9-5, Fri 9-2
Laser and microneedling treatments are offered through SIPS (334-699-7477)
Everyone benefits from topical Vitamin C because it offers prevention and correction of sun damage. It is most effective when applied in a serum form. For benefits on the skin it has to be applied topically (not ingested).
Here are reasons to use Vitamin C:
- brightens skin and protects from photo-aging
- reduces hyperpigmentation and evens skin tone
- augments sunscreen
- increases collagen production
- protects from from cancer-causing free radicals (sun, pollution, smoking)
Make sure L-ascorbic acid (or ascorbic) in first 3 ingredients!!! Many products have derivatives of ascorbic acid and still have a high price. It's true that the derivates may not be as tingly at first, but they are also not as effective.
How to Use:
- Apply after cleansing and toning in AM and before moisturizer- Serums come in 10%, 15%, 20%, rarely 30%
Take the FREE VITAMIN C Quiz to see where you should start!
- Start low and increase: I have normal skin (not oily nor dry) I started with 15% then increased to 20%.
-It is known cause a tingling sensation at first; increase to highter percentage when tingling subsides (usually after 1 bottle)
- Vitamin C technically remains in skin 2-3 days so only HAVE to apply every 48-72 hours, but the texture is good for layering and can be moisturizing and sometimes they even smell good
- You may read it is better to apply Vit C after sun damage, which is why we apply every AM (you can apply as much as every 8 hours) - I truly believe that if you are conscientiously taking the time to apply Vitamin C every morning make sure it meets these above requirements so that it is actually potent enought to benefit you!
Now, let's talk about Vitamin C's friends- Vitamin E and Ferulic acid.
These ingredients play well with Vit C and are advertised in many products:
- Vit E (aka tocopherol) stabilizes Vit C
- Ferulic acid lowers PH so our skin absorbs Vit C best
Skinceuticals CE Ferulic (15%) $166 is considered the Gold Standard of Vitamin C serums because it includes these 3 ingredients.
Maelove The Glow Maker also contains these 3 ingredients and is considered a dupe. (It's 1/5 of the price for same sized bottle)
- I generally support all medical-grade options, but I understand there are different price points. I think Vitamin C serums are a place to spend your money. They last 6 months!
- CeraVe meets the above requirements. It's $20 for 10%.
- Try the La Roche-Posay Vit C Serum WITH salicylic acid (10%) if you have dry or sensitive skin and sometimes break out